Thursday, September 13, 2007

Little Miss Fancy Pants

Finished Mia's Jasmine costume (all except the headband). I had a little bit of a bad attitude doing it, I'd screw up and then just leave it since it's just Halloween/dress-up. So no, it's not perfect but it works.
She is not happy about the fact that the sleeves are sewn onto the top. The "real" Jasmine sports an off-the-shoulder top and she keep trying pull her top down to show some skin. Diva!

I wish boys Halloween costumes would be as easy to pick out. Let's face it shopping for boys totally sucks. The variety and "cuteness" just isn't there and they're so much more expensive then girl clothes. We're still trying to talk him into being a Jasmine's tiger for Halloween. He really likes The Genie but I have no idea how to pull that one off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the costume Christie! We missed you at the wedding...but I love the blog...your kids are so cute and you have the best stories!

Roo Doug said...

Hi Christie,

How lovely to be connected to your blog - you're doing so well!

All is well here in England - uber busy being a mummy as well as firefighting!

Your sewing is fantastic - what lucky kids having a mum who can make such cool outfits.

Keep up the great work of being a mum.... boy that Jamaican Beach seems a distant memory in so many ways! Take care - Ruth

Shannon said...

Love the costume! I should have known she would want the sleeves off the shoulders! I sure hope it won't be too cold! I'm still trying to get that evening off work! Keeping my fingers crossed so we can all go out.

I know what you mean about boys costumes! Caleb is going as a really scary thing...Hope Mason won't be too freaked out!!