Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back it up

Just some quick pics from the kid's Birthdays since I was bad about blogging then.

On Birthdays, the birthday person is given the option of going to eat at (restaurant of their choice) or having me cook their favorite meal. Since Mason's birthday is Christmas Eve there are no restaurants open in our area (not even McDonald's) so he's stuck with my cooking. He did pick out an Ice Cream Cake though and I have to admit it was quite good.


Mia liked it so much she wanted the same Ice Cream Cake for her birthday. She chose this year to have me make Mike's mom's chicken & dumplings. It's more like a Hungarian chicken paprikash & dumplings and I do make the dumplings from scratch. It's a lot of work. I was a little concerned that her friend, Lainee, wouldn't like it (I don't think she did) but she politely ate a little and refused the offer to have something else. Also, tradition for birthdays is that the birthday person gets to eat off the "celebrate family plate". Entertainment for the night was Madagascar 2. As soon as the movie was over the girls headed up the stairs saying it was time for bed and that they were going to brush their teeth. Say what? it was 9pm and I usually have to fight with Mia & Mason EVERY night to get them to go to sleep. Maybe Lainee should sleepover every night. Since they were getting ready for bed I decided to run out and fill my prescription (steroid for pneumonia). When I came home Mason and Mike were in our bed watching Nemo. I checked on the girls, lights were out in the bedroom and Mia says, "why do we have to go to bed and Mason gets to watch Nemo?" I said, "you're the one who wanted to go to bed. You guys can watch Nemo if you want." So both girls jumped out of bed, ran into our bedroom and jumped in bed with the boys. So now Mike and all the kids are in our bed watching a movie and there was no room for me. I think Mike was feeling a little awkward to say the least.



The following pics were me trying to get a good picture for the Christmas cards.





This was the pic for the Christmas cards.


No comments: