Friday, December 19, 2008

Thanksgiving Part 2

At this rate I'll blog Christmas next Christmas.

Oh Yes, Thanksgiving was an awesome feast. I probably went through the ads 4 times for Black Friday...made a list and at the end of it didn't get up early (wasn't anything I wanted THAT much) and didn't get anything on my list. My SIL's however had no list and ended up finding things that they wanted. How is that fair?

Friday night they invited their friends over and we drank and rolled dice. We play this game at most of Mike's family gatherings and instead of chips we use dollars. So it's a $3 buy-in to play. What's a little gambling among family. We played 7 games and Mia rolled my dice...
and was the big winner winning 4 out of the seven. She had never seen that much money before and was giggling with her hands over her mouth and eyes bulging. She leans over and tells me she wants the "webkinz backpack". I have no idea what this was but she talked about it non-stop from that point on.
I figured it out after we got home, this is what Mia was talking about:
http://www.jackpopz.com/jackpopzshop.html
Our store only had the Livvie bag in multi-color and the Jackpack in Green. She was set on the Jackpack so I let her get it. I figured she won the big money rollin the dice she should at least get something for it. Mike and I went down early for the night (yes, I hurled yet again) and I think the other adults went out for 2 more beer runs. Mike and I just can't hang anymore.
Saturday afternoon we headed home. Mason stayed up until about midnight and said, "are we sleeping in the car again for real?". Yup, 13 hours later we made it home. The kids do not like sleeping in the car....they can't get comfortable. Soon after we made it home a big snow storm hit so luckily we didn't have to drive through it. That pretty much sums up our Turkey festivities....

No comments: